Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week From Hell

This is by far the worst time of the year for a teacher. All the kids are on a constant high, anticipating the Christmas break (and let's face it the teachers are too but on a high that says I can't wait to not have to work and do absolutely nothing for two weeks).

Unfortunately, this high can be destructive in a sense. We have a specific grade in our class where I swear these kids are the spawn of satan. They are just absolutely horrid. But the kind of horrid where they get satisfaction from being asses.

The cops being at our school has become something of the norm these days. I think that since September they've been at our school about 5 times. And for having been at our school NO times in a year ... those stats aren't the greatest. The most recent incident was a grade 8 kid who stole from a teacher's purse. 20 dollars and her cell phone. Unfortunately no one saw and can't really pinpoint it was him ... but it was him. He had a key to her room (it's a storage room to the gym). Why he even had the key is beyond me.

So there's one more week left. This week is going to be killer. I'm hoping I can get the kids to sit for enough time to actually get some work done.

4 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Beware of the supervisors that love to observe the day before vacation starts.

the anonymous teacher said...

I had two drop-ins last week. I was glad I was actually out of my desk and teaching because I'm just as antsy as the kids...I've got a countdown going.

rookie teacher said...

Pissed Off,

Ouchie. I'm pretty sure my admin aren't tight wads like most admin!

Anonymous Teacher,

The countdown is soo on for me!

Ms. Jhee said...

In my district all the teachers seemed to leave a day early. Your new banner made me giggle especially in light of that FL teacher getting arrested again and my big rant about that subject