Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Update Numero Tre

I'd like to apologize in advance for these posts being boring as ass. I'm not in school therefore have no student related stories to tell. I could make them up ... but I'm feeling uninspired these days when it comes to writing.

Well then. Where was I.

I've pretty much done all I can do with my reports at this point. Learning skills (which is one of the biggest aspects of reports) are pretty much done which I'm very pleased about. My usual scene with report cards is on the day they are due (at 3:30pm) the principal is standing at the office door with his coat on and briefcase in hand (close to 4pm) while he is being drawn into a conversation by a good friend of mine (read: he's being stalled purposely) about something that could remotely interest him (read: anything that gets him talking about his hometown in Italy) and keep him there for an extra five minutes while I'm in the photocopy room willing the printer to print my report cards faster than it is and cursing it to no end. I hand them in on time but not before I pee myself a little thinking that they will be late and he will hate me and fire me for disregarding deadlines.


Anyhow, I don't think that this will be the case for these report cards (woot!).

Now all I have left to think about is that DAMN exam I need to write. I've been trying the approach of pretending that it doesn't exist because when you pretend something doesn't exist it will eventually go away, yes? Unfortunately for me, not only is it NOT going away but it is looming ever so closely and breathing its putrid breath down my neck. It's tapping me on the shoulder saying, "remember me? I'm still here ... waiting for you ..."

I guess I should actually start to "prepare" for it, whatever that means. This is a comprehensive exam so it's basically an exam on Higher Education "in general".

I'm so fucked.

5 comments:

IMC Guy said...

They're not boring, I rather enjoy them. But, you make me very curious...

rookie teacher said...

I make you curious? Now you're making me curious ...

Anonymous said...

You're awesome - - shall we count the ways?

1)'boring as ass' I love me some boring ass as much as I love that saying!

2)I thought I was the only procrastination whore. I'm thinking its a 'teacher' thing...

3)I had big plans for report cards, marking and planning. Today is Friday, my break is officially over and I did diddly squat.

You're right - - March is pretty much over. School is almost over...

Anyway, you rock.

rookie teacher said...

OMG I love you!!!!

Thank you so much for that!!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.